Have you decided that now is the time you want to get in shape? A beginner running program is a great way to get in shape and establish a regular exercise routine. An extra bonus, of course, is that hopefully you'll lose weight along the way.
If you've never run before, it's helpful to do a little research before you throw on a pair of running shoes and run out the door (or hop on the treadmill). Check out these articles for some basic information about getting started with running:
- Proper Running Form
- How to Warm Up and Cool Down
- How to Breathe While Running
- How to Do the Run/Walk Method
- Safety Tips for Running
- Where Should I Run?
- Tips for Treadmill Running
- 8-Week Plan to 30 Minutes Continuous Running
- Email-course: 3 Weeks to a 30-Minute Running Habit
- 4 Weeks to Run One Mile
- Running: 30-Day Quick Start Guide for Beginners