General Nutrition Guidelines for Runners: The diet recommendations for runners are not that different than nutritional guidelines for non-runners. Here's some basic advice on how runners can maintain a healthy diet.
- Diet and Nutrition for Runners
- Best Foods for Runners
- 6 Simple Changes for a Healthy Diet
- Daily Calorie Needs for Runners
- Healthy Snacks for Runners
- 5 Smart Eating Rules for Runners
- How to Add More Fiber to Your Diet
- Do Runners Need to Take Supplements or Vitamins?
- Should I Eat Before a Run?
- Best and Worst Pre-Run Foods
- What If I Don't Have Time to Eat Before Runs?
- What to Eat and Drink Before Your Long Runs
- Running and Hydration Basics
- Can I Have Coffee Before Runs?
- Can I Drink Alcohol During Training?
- Should I Take Salt Before a Long Run or Race?
- Healthy Pasta Recipes
Pre-Run Nutrition and Hydration: What you eat and drink before your runs can really make or break your run. Here's some advice on what and when to eat and drink before running.
Nutrition and Hydration on the Run: Hydration during your runs is crucial to preventing heat-related illnesses such as dehydration. Eating during your runs is also necessary when you're running longer than 90 minutes. Here's advice on what to do.
- Do I Need to Eat During My Runs?
- Can I Get Cramps from Drinking Water?
- How Much Should I Drink During Runs?
- Should I Drink Lukewarm or Cold Water?
- Do I Need to Drink Sports Drinks During Long Runs and Races?
- Can My Long Run Calories Come from Sports Drinks?
- Can I Drink Coconut Water During Long Runs?
- Energy Gels and Chews for Long Runs and Races
Post-Run Nutrition and Hydration: After running, especially a long run, you want to replenish energy as quickly as possible. Here's advice on what to do.
- What Should I Eat After a Run?
- Do I Need to Drink a Sports Drink With Protein?
- Running Recovery Drinks
Weight Loss Advice: Many people start running because they want to lose weight. Here are some healthy eating and exercise tips to help you shed some pounds and maintain a healthy weight.
- Tips for Healthy Weight Loss
- Secrets of Runners Who Lose Weight and Keep it Off
- Tips for Portion Control
- Common Weight Loss Mistakes
- Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- How to Avoid Feeling Hungry
- Can I Burn Fat By Running?
- Why Am I Gaining Weight During Training?
- How Can I Avoid Post-Marathon Weight Gain?