Short running quotes are great because they're easy to remember, and they usually have a simple, powerful message. Here are some short, motivational quotes about running that you can think about during runs, or when you're trying to motivate yourself to go for a run.
1. "Runs end. Running doesn't."
2. "Long distance running is 90% mental and the other half is physical."
3. "Few things in life match the thrill of a marathon."
4. "The marathon. How an average runner becomes more than average."
5. "A run begins the moment you forget you are running."
6. "Racing is the fun part; it's the reward of all the hard work."
7. "Yesterday you said tomorrow."
8. "When I do the best I can with what I have, then I have won my race."
-Jay Foonberg, 72-year-old runner
9. "Someone who is busier than you is running right now."
10. "Today I will do what others won't so tomorrow I can do what others can't."
11. "The marathon can humble you."
-Bill Rodgers, winner of four Boston and four NYC marathons
12. "Running releases more than just sweat."
13. "Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight."
14. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."
15. "Runs end. Running doesn't."
16. "As we run, we become."
- Amby Burfoot
17. "Ask yourself: 'Can I give more?'. The answer is usually: 'Yes'."
-Paul Tergat, Kenyan professional marathoner
18. "Remember the reasons you are running."
-Seen on a marathon spectator sign
19. "Every day is a good day when you run."
20. "I have met my hero, and he is me."
-George Sheehan, running writer