1. "The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again."
- Erma Bombeck
2. "You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can't know what's coming. "
Frank Shorter, 1972 Olympic marathon gold medalist
3. "If you start to feel good during an ultra, don't worry, you will get over it."
- Gene Thibeault
4. "I'm going to go out a winner if I have to find a high school race to win my last race."
- Johnny Gray
5. "I don't think jogging is healthy, especially morning jogging. If morning joggers knew how tempting they looked to morning motorists, they would stay home and do sit-ups."
- Rita Rudner
6. "If it was easy, I would do it."
-seen on a marathon spectator sign
7. "I love running cross country....On a track, I feel like a hamster."
- Robin Williams
8. "I think people can handle 150 to 200 miles a week. But something has to give somewhere. If he's a student, how's he going to study? He may be at the age of chasing and courtship, and that's an important form of sport and recreation, too."
- Bill Bowerman, legendary University of Oregon track and field coach and Nike co-founder
9. "If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."
10. "The trouble with jogging is that by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back."
Next: More Funny Running Quotes -->