- Bill Kirby
12. "Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane!"
- Author unknown
13. "Life is short... running makes it seem longer."
- Baron Hansen
14. "I didn't train all that time just to come here and get it over with as fast as I can."
-John Bingham, on running marathons
15. "My mascara runs faster than you do."
-seen on a runner's T-shirt
16. "I go running when I have to. When the ice cream truck is doing sixty."
- Wendy Liebman
17. "We can't all be heroes because someone has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by."
- Will Rogers
18. "I believe that every human being has a finite number of heartbeats, and I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises."
- Neil Armstrong
19. "It's the road signs, 'Beware of lions.'"
-Kip Lagat, Kenyan distance runner, on why his country produces so many great runners
20. "You don't run twenty–six miles at five minutes a mile on good looks and a secret recipe."
-Frank Shorter, winner of the 1972 Olympic marathon
21. "How do you know if someone ran a marathon? Don't worry, they'll tell you."
Get more funny running quotes.
Get ideas for funny marathon spectator signs.