Get inspired with these quotes about perseverance from famous athletes, coaches, and other notable people.
1. "Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
2. "No matter how far you walk, how hard you work, or how bad it hurts, you'll always get to where you need to be."
- Unknown Author
3. "I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win."
- Arnold Palmer
4. "Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."
5. "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
6. "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so."
7. "It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top."
-Henry Ward Beecher
8. "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."
9. "I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards."
10. "I don't rate myself as a fantastic, talented athlete. I just have perseverance. I'm a cart horse. I work hard."
-Colleen DeReuck, Four-time Olympian