- "All walls have doors."
- "Break through the wall!" -Seen at mile 22 of a marathon (when some runners hit the "wall")
- "This mile marker is farther than most people will ever reach." -Can be posted anywhere beyond mile 1...
- "There's beer at the finish line."
- "Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit."
- "One day you won't be able to do this, but today is not that day!"
- "You can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off of your face." -from Gatorade
- "Your place in history is almost secure." -Adidas sign at mile 23 of the Boston Marathon
- "Your feet won't fail you now!"
- "Even atheists pray at some point!" -Seen at mile 24
- "This is your moment. Celebrate the pain."
- "One foot in front of the other. That's all."
- "You are no longer a runner, YOU are a marathoner." -Seen at Mile 25 of the San Antonio marathon
- "Trust your training."
- "Forget everything you've done. It's just a Sunday 10k left to do!" -Seen at mile 20 of the London Marathon
- "If you walk, you'll still be hurting."
- "You are going to finish a marathon!" -Seen at mile 25
- "FINISH" -Seen at the end of every marathon
(Contributed by Dave Watson)
Have you seen other motivational or funny signs at marathons? Please email me photos of signs or sayings that would make great signs.