1. "If the hill has its own name, then it's probably a pretty tough hill."
- Marty Stern
2. "Running hills breaks up your rhythm and forces your muscles to adapt to different stresses. The result? You become a stronger runner."
3. "Hills are speedwork in disguise."
4. "Love hills and they will love you back."
5. "You can never run a hill too hard; you will collapse before hurting it."
6. "It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top."
-Henry Ward Beecher
7. "Hills. We love them. We hate them. They make us strong. They make us weak. Today I chose to embrace hills."
-Hal Higdon, running writer and coach
8. "It's a hill. Get over it."
-Seen on the back of a runner's T-shirt
9. "If you never attempt the ascent, you'll never know the thrill of swooshing down the other side."
10. "I've always found it effective to make a move just before the crest of a hill. You get away just a little and you're gone before your opponent gets over the top."
11. "Hill sprints are good for everyone!"
12. "It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
-Sir Edmund Hillary
Back to RUNNING QUOTES INDEX
Sign up Daily Running Quotes by email.