Need some motivation to run hills? Get inspired with these quotes about running hills.
1. "If the hill has its own name, then it's probably a pretty tough hill."
- Marty Stern
2. "Running hills breaks up your rhythm and forces your muscles to adapt to different stresses. The result? You become a stronger runner."
3. "Hills are speedwork in disguise."
4. "Love hills and they will love you back."
5. "You can never run a hill too hard; you will collapse before hurting it."
6. "It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top."
-Henry Ward Beecher
7. "Hills. We love them. We hate them. They make us strong. They make us weak. Today I chose to embrace hills."
-Hal Higdon, running writer and coach
8. "It's a hill. Get over it."
-Seen on the back of a runner's T-shirt
9. "If you never attempt the ascent, you'll never know the thrill of swooshing down the other side."
10. "I've always found it effective to make a move just before the crest of a hill. You get away just a little and you're gone before your opponent gets over the top."
11. "Hill sprints are good for everyone!"
12. "It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves."
-Sir Edmund Hillary
13. "Hills never get easier, you get stronger." -Greg LaMond
14. "Many people shy away from hills. They make it easy on themselves, but that limits their improvement. The more you repeat something, the stronger you get."
Back to RUNNING QUOTES INDEX
Sign up Daily Running Quotes by email.