Get motivated with these running quotes about setting goals from famous athletes, coaches, and other notable people.
1. Alberto Salazar, three-time winner of the NYC marathon:"If you want to achieve a high goal, you're going to have to take some chances."
2. Mary Lou Retton:"I'm very determined and stubborn. There's a desire in me that makes me want to do more and more, and to do it right. Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it."
3. Vince Lombardi:"Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal."
4. T. Alan Armstrong:"Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character."
5. Joe Paterno:"Act like you expect to get into the end zone."
6. Mikhail Baryshnikov:"I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself."
7. Tom Landry:"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan."
8. Vince Lombardi:"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is."
9. Brian Tracy:"Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement."
10. Yogi Berra:
"If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else."