The Bottom Line
- Doesn't ride up like some running shorts
- You can feel like a hard-core runner while feeling feminine
- Small pocket in the back can hold keys, money, gels
- Lightweight, comfortable
- Only comes in three colors – pink, white, or black
- Built-in performance Spankies with wicking nylon liner for comfort
- Non-binding, non-elastic waistband with center-back pocket
- High performance mesh fabric on the side for breathability
Guide Review - MarathonGirl Ultra Running Skirt
The built-in "Spankies" underneath the skirt are made from with a wicking nylon liner, which really stays put, so you don't feel the need to constantly tug and readjust the skirt.
The skirt is practical, too: It has a little pocket in the back, near the waist, to carry money, keys, two gels, or even a cell phone. I liked this skirt so much I found other uses for it beyond running. I discovered that it's a perfect bathing suit cover-up to wear at the pool or beach.
The only real downside is that the color selection is limited. I would love it if it came in more of a variety of hues so that I could mix and match with more of my running tops.