The Bottom Line
- Compact - can fit in most backpacks or gym bags
- Inexpensive (especially compared to professional massages)
- Effective as a massage tool, especially on the legs
- Some find it tough to use because you must apply pressure for it to be effective
- Limited use -- can't use for body parts beyond the legs
- Increases flexibility
- Accelerates recovery time
- Reduces muscle soreness, stiffness and pain
Guide Review - The Stick
I bought my first Stick several years ago when I had a seriously tight illiotibial band (IT band). I rolled my IT band using the Stick everyday for a week, and it took care of the issue. Since then, anytime I feel a little tightness in my IT band, I roll with the Stick and it loosens right up.
The Stick is best used on the legs, making it perfect for runners. I definitely notice a difference the next day when I use the Stick after a long run. My legs are much less sore and tight than when I don't use the Stick.