People start running for a variety of reasons. Some run because they want to lose weight, improve their health, compete in races or try something new. Share your reasons for running. Share Your Reason
- Running is good for mental wellness.lowers depression and promotes optimism.
- —Guest life has value
- because I desire to be fit for life................
- —Guest Mark
I run because
- It's my quality time alone with me, myself and I. When allows me to clear my mind. It also allows me to be one with nature.
- —Guest Run 4 Life
Why do I run?
- I run because I love how I feel after a run, the sense of achievement and knowing that I did not stop when I am tired, I stop when I am done.
- —Guest Adeline
- Some days I run because I feel like I should but I am ALWAYS happy afterwards. It gives me a feeling of satisfaction. I don't always think about why I DO run, I think about how I feel when I DON'T run and they gets me out!
- —Guest Trish
Why I run
- I started running last year to train for the Race for Life this coincided with losing weight with Slimming world. I completed my first 5 k race last June, I have lost 7 stones so far and run at 4 times a week
- —Guest jackie
I will rise
- Why do I run? Life sucks sometimes. Running is my way to escape it. At the end of a day, I can take all the pain, all the hurt, all of the frustration I've collected over the day and forge something greater than myself. Running is my way of showing I'm not going to stay down, and instead I will rise.
- —Guest Trevor
Why I Run
- I've been running since I was 6 or 7, yes racing at that age too. I am now 17 and I'm on my high school's XC team and it is the most fun I've ever had, I've made great friends and have been able to experience greatness and success through myself and my teammates. I run because it keeps me in-shape, but not only because it keeps me in-shape but it makes you feel healthy and good about your self, it can give you confidence and it can give you peace. I run because it gives me an hour or two out of the day to be at peace and really focus on the important things in life. It gives you a peace that nothing else can, you have the road, path, trail, or mountain to you and your thoughts, nothing more. You can let the world around you fade away and achieve this feeling of wonder and awe. I run because I've been blessed to be able to, I run because it is something that is close to me and is something I never want to give up, I run because I love to run.
- —Guest Joe
i love running
- I've been running since I was 21 years old. Im 63 now. I run because I want to live a healthy long life. I dont have to tell you the numerous benefits of running.
Most runners already know. The body and the mind dont lie to you. The truth is i feel like a million bucks when I run! Running it's more than physical and mental, its spiritual. Running its a gift from God! I love running as i love classical music. Running to me, it's life. Yes, people tells me that i look 15 years younger than my chronological age. I feel young too. I hope to run in heaven too. Keep running, America!
- —Guest Joe
i run because
- If I don't when I take my shirt off I look like a popped can of biscuits.
- —Guest bill
Because I can
- I never thought of myself as an athelete. Never thought I could lose weight. NEVER thought I could be a runner. But here I am 40 lbs lost so far, and running. Running builds self confidece, is empowering and I believe I can be that athlete. I still have a ways to go with running but if I stick with it I know I can do it.
falling, running and loving it. It is empowering,and confidence boasting
- —Guest Saturnrun
All Around Better Person
- Running makes me feel good about myself. It releases and creates pressure. The pleasure of being covered in sweat is greater than eating a spoonful of calories. I'm blessed to have the ability to run. I might not be the fastest, but I get where I need to be, on time.
Running gives me a new perspective on the world around me. It makes me "swallow the big frog first." Conquering the hills is more satisfying than doing a flip off the swing.
Running teaches me how to take a deep breathe and slow down your pace of life. Doing this, you can find God anywhere. He's standing with water at the finish line!
Running makes me competitive and a team player. Competing with my team and those around me makes me a stronger individual. Running in my group against other teams makes me a better friend and encourager.
Running takes you through pain and to a place you've never been. We can all overcome pain, it just takes time. We can all travel the roads, it just depends how you get there.
- —Guest Runner
- I am 13 years old girl and I love running more then anything else. It feels so amazing when I close my eyes and let the wind take me further. When I get a cramp, I don't stop, I keep moving on.
- —Guest viva semenova
For my mind and body
- I'm 14 and I started running in about 7th grade. I never once thought I'd be running before I start middle school cross country and no about 3 years later I've never regretted it, it's helped me become a better person and has given me confidence in myself along with the athletic benefits. I hope many people start doing it because it can change your life!
- —Guest Joe
I RUN FOR
- I run for the things that id like to give or share to others
- —Guest jm