Are you guilty of any bad running habits? Do you forget to stretch after your runs? Do you not hydrate properly? Sometimes skip breakfast before a long run? Share your bad running habits and your strategies for eliminating them. Share Bad Running Habits
Not drinking during long runs
- I am okay not drinking for long runs of up to 2 hours, But now that my long runs are now up to 2 1/2 hours, I need to carry a water bottle. WHAT A HASSLE. I just tried not drinking again no my last long run, and I finally experienced "the wall." I bonked at the 9.5 mile mark of a 12.0 mile run. During the last 2.5 miles of mostly walking, I vowed to myself to carry the stupid water bottle the next time I planned a run of over 2 hours. That's the end of that bad habit!
- Now that I am starting back...I really need to rework my form...at 36 and starting over..it can be tough...
- —Guest johnathanboxsterguy
Run too fast
- Run fast at begining ,slower at half and walk to the end.
- —Guest Osben wyane
Running through pain leads to injury
- I tend to be tired, but I don't want to skip my runs, so 3 days ago I pulled my hamstring really hard. The irony of all this is that it happened during PE at school, not during any of my runs:( WARM UP AND HAVE PROPER REST, RUNNERS!!
- —Guest khamza
- I often forget to stretch after my runs. I always feel better when I do it, so I need to get better about doing it.
- —Guest ccrunner
Bad Habit: Hands/Arms
- When I run, my form is starting to lose its structure. I now keep my hands almost at my pecs, and I am losing my shape. Why? Help?
- —Guest Trey
don't eat enough
- I frequently make the mistake of not eating enough before my runs, especially my long runs. It's related to my habit of trying to get as much as sleep as possible! I usually don't want to wake up early enough to give myself enough time to eat a suitable breakfast before my runs.
- —Guest marathon runner