run with me
- run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run. just put on your shoes and run with me:))
- —Guest mark w
From hubby's engineering professor
- "Suffer now, suffer later. Don't suffer now, suffer MORE later."
- —Guest Lynry
- Taste bitter, end sweet - in other words, difficult effort = results you can be proud of - got this from a kid's book in the Percy Jackson series
- —Guest Lynry
Helps me stay positive during long runs
- Never allow your mind tell your legs what to do. During a long race negative thoughts will creep in. When they do repeat this 5 times. Happy racing
- —Guest Guest Louise
never back down
- generally we realise after giving up so never give up don't give up never back down
- —Guest nitishnagpal
- Run and you will discover yourself. Run and you will discover yourself.
No tears, only dreams
- Got me to a 40 minute 10k in 4 months. This has saved my life.
- —Guest Tyler W
Just keep swimming...
- Sounds funny, but funny is why it works for me. If I chant this in my head in the voice of Dory (Finding Nemo), both my motivation and my mood go way up again.
- —Guest Ronnie
- When I start feeling tired, I chant this using the rhythm of my steps.
- —Guest Jib
"The Strong Get Stronger"
- When you run the best you can, and put in the very most you have to give, you can only get stronger.
I feel good, I feel great!
- I chant his when I start thinking about stopping. I time the chant with the rhythm of my foot steps to overwrite my thoughts to quit.
Favorite Running Quote
- Out there -- along the streets, over the trails, in the fields, on the pathways -- I walk, I jog, I run. I breathe, I see, I hear, I feel. I am amazed. I give thanks. --- Bob Cochrane on "running" while training for his first event at age 54 - May 2012
- —Guest pnbchrane
- 'Keep moving forward." (Disney) I guess the key to running is by not stopping until we reach our individual target distances. Once we succumb to the mind's initial desire to stop for a rest even for a short while, we might tend to make much more stops along the way knowing just how good the previous one felt. So we should aim to keep moving forward until we reach the end point.
- —Guest guestrunner
- So I'm only 12 and just started running in track. I can run up to 3 miles but I tell myself, "the work I put into it is the work I get out of it", and tell myself if I get through it my reward is a 6 pack ;)
- —Guest Zoski
Obstáculos no caminho
- "Os obstáculos não estão no seu caminho, eles foram colocados por você."Marcelo Cardoso
- —Guest Marcelo Cardoso