"The Strong Get Stronger"
- When you run the best you can, and put in the very most you have to give, you can only get stronger.
I feel good, I feel great!
- I chant his when I start thinking about stopping. I time the chant with the rhythm of my foot steps to overwrite my thoughts to quit.
Favorite Running Quote
- Out there -- along the streets, over the trails, in the fields, on the pathways -- I walk, I jog, I run. I breathe, I see, I hear, I feel. I am amazed. I give thanks. --- Bob Cochrane on "running" while training for his first event at age 54 - May 2012
- —Guest pnbchrane
- 'Keep moving forward." (Disney) I guess the key to running is by not stopping until we reach our individual target distances. Once we succumb to the mind's initial desire to stop for a rest even for a short while, we might tend to make much more stops along the way knowing just how good the previous one felt. So we should aim to keep moving forward until we reach the end point.
- —Guest guestrunner
- So I'm only 12 and just started running in track. I can run up to 3 miles but I tell myself, "the work I put into it is the work I get out of it", and tell myself if I get through it my reward is a 6 pack ;)
- —Guest Zoski
Obstáculos no caminho
- "Os obstáculos não estão no seu caminho, eles foram colocados por você."Marcelo Cardoso
- —Guest Marcelo Cardoso
Just Keep Going
- This just sort of came to me when I first started running and always wanted to stop before I was finished. Plus it reminds me of Dory singing "just keep swimming" and makes me smile.
- —Guest McK
Perseverance is like the stone cutter
- Perseverance is like the stone cutter. He strikes at the stone 100 times and it doesn't break. But on his 101st try it breaks. It wasn't the 101st strike that broke it but the effort of the previous 100.If we think rationally, if we keep trying we will reach our goal evantually.Our goal does not grow for it is constant. WE aren't. That is why we can achieve it.Our dreams are like targets all we have to do is keep firing arrows and one will have to hit sooner or later.All by me.
- —Guest zugsvhEmGKRE
- When I was a little kid, my grandfather used to say "that boy is going to be a great marathon runner someday". Even though I'm 32 now, sadly he passed a couple years back, I WILL prove that he was telling the truth besides proving to myself that I can. Training for my very first 5k that's coming up in April 2012.
- —Guest Joshua S.
We love u!!
- You can do it baby!!! We're so proud of u!!! Ur an inspiration to us!!!
- —Guest Jose Lozano
Getting it over and done with
- This too shall pass. It's a great motto if you feel tired or fatigued.
- —Guest Kyla
Keeps me focused...
- The goal you set is the goal you get! This keeps me going in running and in life!
- —Guest Lynda
- As I was running this morning I realized to be or not to be was never a question. It is a choice!
- —Guest Jackie
- 'I am the best runner in the world! I can do this!' I try to stay away from double negatives (e.g. I will not give up) because when you're really tired your mind tends to focus on only half of it (e.g. give up).
- —Guest Holly
I become my own personal drill sergeant!
- When I start to feel fatigue, I say "Pain is WEAKNESS leaving the body!" It really helps me put my big girl panties on!
- —Guest Taylor