Competition fuels me
- "I'm stronger, see, I'm beating you." (referring to all the runners I pass by)
- —Guest Marlcaunn Daeineem
- Lions.... Zombies.... Angry wives.... in my head they are all chasing me
- —Guest Eek
When I get tired
- When I get tired I simply say over and over.....Who can....I can!
- —Guest Big-C
- Practise does not make perfect, Perfect practise makes Perfect. Wayne McLellan, Schomberg, Ontario 1980
- —Guest Elizabeth Stewart
- I thought up this quote and it helps me tremendously and I use it for STRENGTH and ENDURANCE when I am tired and exhausted on a run. "Recycle the pain. Use ALL of your emotional/mental pain and life struggle and RECYCLE IT. Dont waste it. Turn it into Fuel. Use it for The Good!!"
- —Guest Kerrie Magee
- And sometimes, it's really hard to believe you can finish, but miracles do happen.
- —Guest Jes
something a coach said
- "Your body doesn't control you, you control your body"
- —Guest ellies
- My daily challenge is not to actually do the run; but, to get out of my warm bed and head out to the park and start running. I always feel stronger when I get back from my runs.
- —Guest Dilma Camarillo
Mind Over Matter
- "Your legs are not giving in, your head is giving up." This reminds me that if I take stock of how my body feels, it's usually willing to keep going. It's my willpower that is weak.
- —Guest Newbie
- The shortest distance between point A and point B, is 42.195 meters
- —Guest Smokemonkey
run with me
- run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run. just put on your shoes and run with me:))
- —Guest mark w
From hubby's engineering professor
- "Suffer now, suffer later. Don't suffer now, suffer MORE later."
- —Guest Lynry
- Taste bitter, end sweet - in other words, difficult effort = results you can be proud of - got this from a kid's book in the Percy Jackson series
- —Guest Lynry
Helps me stay positive during long runs
- Never allow your mind tell your legs what to do. During a long race negative thoughts will creep in. When they do repeat this 5 times. Happy racing
- —Guest Guest Louise
never back down
- generally we realise after giving up so never give up don't give up never back down
- —Guest nitishnagpal