Many runners use motivational quotes
or short phrases known as
to help get them through runs. Do you have any running quotes that keep you motivated? They don't have to be about running to inspire you, of course. What are your favorite inspirational quotes to keep you running?
Share Your Favorite Quote
- I thought up this quote and it helps me tremendously and I use it for STRENGTH and ENDURANCE when I am tired and exhausted on a run. "Recycle the pain. Use ALL of your emotional/mental pain and life struggle and RECYCLE IT. Dont waste it. Turn it into Fuel. Use it for The Good!!"
- —Guest Kerrie Magee
- And sometimes, it's really hard to believe you can finish, but miracles do happen.
- —Guest Jes
something a coach said
- "Your body doesn't control you, you control your body"
- —Guest ellies
- My daily challenge is not to actually do the run; but, to get out of my warm bed and head out to the park and start running. I always feel stronger when I get back from my runs.
- —Guest Dilma Camarillo
Mind Over Matter
- "Your legs are not giving in, your head is giving up." This reminds me that if I take stock of how my body feels, it's usually willing to keep going. It's my willpower that is weak.
- —Guest Newbie
- The shortest distance between point A and point B, is 42.195 meters
- —Guest Smokemonkey
run with me
- run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run,run. just put on your shoes and run with me:))
- —Guest mark w
From hubby's engineering professor
- "Suffer now, suffer later. Don't suffer now, suffer MORE later."
- —Guest Lynry
- Taste bitter, end sweet - in other words, difficult effort = results you can be proud of - got this from a kid's book in the Percy Jackson series
- —Guest Lynry
Helps me stay positive during long runs
- Never allow your mind tell your legs what to do. During a long race negative thoughts will creep in. When they do repeat this 5 times. Happy racing
- —Guest Guest Louise
never back down
- generally we realise after giving up so never give up don't give up never back down
- —Guest nitishnagpal
- Run and you will discover yourself.
Run and you will discover yourself.
No tears, only dreams
- Got me to a 40 minute 10k in 4 months. This has saved my life.
- —Guest Tyler W
Just keep swimming...
- Sounds funny, but funny is why it works for me. If I chant this in my head in the voice of Dory (Finding Nemo), both my motivation and my mood go way up again.
- —Guest Ronnie
- When I start feeling tired, I chant this using the rhythm of my steps.
- —Guest Jib