From the article: Motivational Running Quotes
Many runners use motivational quotes or short phrases known as mantras to help get them through runs. Do you have any running quotes that keep you motivated? They don't have to be about running to inspire you, of course. What are your favorite inspirational quotes to keep you running? Share Your Favorite Quote
Think how far you've already gone
- when im starting to struggle with a negative mindset during a run I personally like to think to myself "look how far you've already come, and look how far you've got to go" 99% of the time the distance already covered is greater than the distance needed to go, so if you've already covered a greater distance with relative ease then there's nothing stopping you from covering the shorter distance ahead...another favourable quote "pain is simply weakness leaving the body" so lets bring on the pain! :D
- —Guest kieran
push, push, push
- The last few miles of a race when things feeling pretty hard
- —Guest Bev
- Came out of abusive marriage now I run Because I Can !
- —Guest Diane Blanton
- Nothing's - gonna - stop - me ! - Nothing's - gonna - stop - me ! ...
- —Guest Yosh
whenever i feel i can't go further
- "A drummer with a drum in a dream in a dream" especially when you repeat this rhymed words with a rhythm, it feels hypnotizing.
- —Guest muammer
Competition fuels me
- "I'm stronger, see, I'm beating you." (referring to all the runners I pass by)
- —Guest Marlcaunn Daeineem
- Lions.... Zombies.... Angry wives.... in my head they are all chasing me
- —Guest Eek
When I get tired
- When I get tired I simply say over and over.....Who can....I can!
- —Guest Big-C
- Practise does not make perfect, Perfect practise makes Perfect. Wayne McLellan, Schomberg, Ontario 1980
- —Guest Elizabeth Stewart
- I thought up this quote and it helps me tremendously and I use it for STRENGTH and ENDURANCE when I am tired and exhausted on a run. "Recycle the pain. Use ALL of your emotional/mental pain and life struggle and RECYCLE IT. Dont waste it. Turn it into Fuel. Use it for The Good!!"
- —Guest Kerrie Magee
- And sometimes, it's really hard to believe you can finish, but miracles do happen.
- —Guest Jes
something a coach said
- "Your body doesn't control you, you control your body"
- —Guest ellies
- My daily challenge is not to actually do the run; but, to get out of my warm bed and head out to the park and start running. I always feel stronger when I get back from my runs.
- —Guest Dilma Camarillo
Mind Over Matter
- "Your legs are not giving in, your head is giving up." This reminds me that if I take stock of how my body feels, it's usually willing to keep going. It's my willpower that is weak.
- —Guest Newbie
- The shortest distance between point A and point B, is 42.195 meters
- —Guest Smokemonkey
1-15 of 92Next