Many runners use motivational quotes
or short phrases known as
to help get them through runs. Do you have any running quotes that keep you motivated? They don't have to be about running to inspire you, of course. What are your favorite inspirational quotes to keep you running?
Share Your Favorite Quote
Favourite inspirational quote
- Written on my bib with an autograph by Kathrine Switzer - "Be Fearless"
- —Guest Jane Hodgson
Take it easy
- When having a hard time, tacklinng a hill, or running against the wind and rain, just give your body a break, and repeat, " take it easy, take it easy" in time with breathing and footsteps.
I think I can
- Chant.. I think I can on up hill...Then chant I knew I could on the down hill.....
- —Guest Leeann
Think how far you've already gone
- when im starting to struggle with a negative mindset during a run I personally like to think to myself "look how far you've already come, and look how far you've got to go" 99% of the time the distance already covered is greater than the distance needed to go, so if you've already covered a greater distance with relative ease then there's nothing stopping you from covering the shorter distance ahead...another favourable quote "pain is simply weakness leaving the body" so lets bring on the pain! :D
- —Guest kieran
push, push, push
- The last few miles of a race when things feeling pretty hard
- —Guest Bev
- Came out of abusive marriage now I run Because I Can !
- —Guest Diane Blanton
- Nothing's - gonna - stop - me ! - Nothing's - gonna - stop - me ! ...
- —Guest Yosh
whenever i feel i can't go further
- "A drummer with a drum
in a dream in a dream"
especially when you repeat this rhymed words with a rhythm, it feels hypnotizing.
- —Guest muammer
Competition fuels me
- "I'm stronger, see, I'm beating you." (referring to all the runners I pass by)
- —Guest Marlcaunn Daeineem
- Lions.... Zombies.... Angry wives.... in my head they are all chasing me
- —Guest Eek
When I get tired
- When I get tired I simply say over and over.....Who can....I can!
- —Guest Big-C
- Practise does not make perfect, Perfect practise makes Perfect. Wayne McLellan, Schomberg, Ontario 1980
- —Guest Elizabeth Stewart
- I thought up this quote and it helps me tremendously and I use it for STRENGTH and ENDURANCE when I am tired and exhausted on a run. "Recycle the pain. Use ALL of your emotional/mental pain and life struggle and RECYCLE IT. Dont waste it. Turn it into Fuel. Use it for The Good!!"
- —Guest Kerrie Magee
- And sometimes, it's really hard to believe you can finish, but miracles do happen.
- —Guest Jes
something a coach said
- "Your body doesn't control you, you control your body"
- —Guest ellies