Some runners are extremely passionate about their sport and they're happy to share it with others. Remind yourself how much you love running with these quotes.
- "Every day is a good day when you run."
- "I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
- "We runners are all a little nutty, but we're good people who just want to enjoy our healthy, primitive challenge. Others may not understand running, but we do, and we cherish it. That's our only message."
-John J. Kelley
- "A lot of people say they love running because of how they feel afterward. Not me. Well, I love that, too, but it's also so much fun while I'm out there."
- "Running has always been a relief and a sanctuary—something that makes me feel good, both physically and mentally. For me it's not so much about the health benefits. Those are great, but I believe that the best thing about running is the joy it brings to life."
- "Running defines me. It is a euphoric feeling I look forward to every day. It keeps me connected to life."
- "For me, a day without running is like a day without eating. It's like going without food."
- "I run because if I didn't, I'd be sluggish and glum and spend too much time on the couch. I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run to escape the ordinary. I run to savor the trip along the way. Life becomes a little more vibrant, a little more intense. I like that."
- "I want to run every race with a big heart."
- "I want to run until I can't run."
- "I was born to be a runner. I simply love to run. It's almost like the faster I go, the easier it becomes."
-Mary Decker Slaney
- "I loved the feeling of freedom in running, the fresh air, the feeling that the only person I'm competing with is me."
More Quotes from Female Runners
15 Signs You're In Love With Running
Sign up for 12 Weeks of Running Quotes