I love reading running quotes for inspiration and I have to admit that some of the best ones come from running shoe companies. Their quotes are usually short and to the point, so they're easy to remember. Check out these quotes from major running shoe companies -- such as Nike, New Balance and Asics -- if you're looking for some motivation.
1. "Happiness is pushing your limits and watching them back down."
2. "There is no 'Y' in running. Believe in the run."
3. "Running releases more than just sweat."
4. "There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open."
5. "Marathoning. The triumph of desire over reason."
6. "Running cleanses the mind and body."
7. "Runs end. Running doesn't."
8. "Your place in history is almost secure."
-Adidas sign at mile 23 of the Boston Marathon
9. "The marathon. How an average runner becomes more than average."
10. "A run begins the moment you forget you are running."
11. "First you feel like dying. Then you feel reborn."
-Asics (on running marathons)
12. "The clock isn't slower; you're just faster."
13. "Nothing hurts more than sitting on a couch."
14. "It's rude to count people as you pass them. Out loud."
15. "The longer I run, the smaller my problems become."
16. "The only one who can tell you 'you can't ' is you. And you don't have to listen."
17. "Impossible is nothing."
More Running Quotes from Nike
Back to RUNNING QUOTES