- "We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
- "I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
- "The battles that count aren't the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself -- the invisible, inevitable battles inside all of us -- that's where it's at."
- "Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition. Awards become corroded, friends gather no dust."
- "I let my feet spend as little time on the ground as possible. From the air, fast down, and from the ground, fast up."
Back to RUNNING QUOTES