41. Bobbi Gibb, first woman to finish the Boston Marathon, 1966
"I thought about how many preconceived prejudices would crumble when I trotted right along for 26 miles."
42. Scott Douglas:"In the first half of the race, don't be an idiot. In the second half, don't be a wimp!"
43. Jeff Galloway"To finish will leave you feeling like a champion and positively change your life."
"There will be days you don't think you can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime of knowing you have."
45. Dathan Ritzenhein, elite marathoner:"The marathon has so many elements to prepare for. I think that is one reason I always want to come back for more. There is always something to change in your preparation and I am still trying to discover what I am capable of. I guess I just love the challenge."
46. Dick Traum, first amputee to run the New York City Marathon:"That day remains very special to me and if I had one day to live over in my lifetime, it would be my first marathon."
47. Ryan Hall:
"I want to run every race with a big heart."
Get more quotes about running marathons.
Back to RUNNING QUOTES