In addition to being good for your upper body, push-ups on a fitness ball will also help strengthen your core and improve your balance.
Here's how to do a push-up on a fitness ball:
- Get in push-up ready position with your chest on the stability ball and your hands at the side of your chest.
- Place your toes on the floor, with your legs straight.
- Push your body up until your arms are almost straight. (Make sure you don't lock your elbows).
- Hold the push-up for 2 seconds.
- Slowly return to the starting position. That's one rep.
- Do three sets of 10 to 12 reps, resting for 30 seconds between sets.